It’s here! After days of phone calls to couriers and the customs clearance house in Hounslow (apparently all packages go through there), I have just taken delivery of the very first copy (well, the proof copy) of “Fatal Forgery”. It is such a thrill to see it in paper form – albeit with PROOF in big black letters on the final page. Can I say that it looks better than I expected? It’s weighty, and the layout template that I chose makes it look most professional and classy. I honestly don’t think that – apart from the lack of a printed price on the back cover – it looks self-published.
So now the pressure is on:
- Do final proofreading and editing.
- Upload finalised PDF to CreateSpace.
- Allow a day for their systems to check it and say that it is OK.
- Meanwhile, reformat the text file to work with the e-book template – this is the great unknown, as the instructions sound beautifully simple but the reality may be different…
- When CreateSpace gives the nod to the PDF, order my own paperback (POD) copies.
- Upload the e-book version to the Kindle Direct Publishing platform.
- Keep everything possible crossed that both versions are available for purchase next Friday – the Grand Launch Date.
- Collapse in gibbering heap.
- Start to think about next Sam Plank adventure – I scribbled down all sorts of ideas while on holiday. I rather think Sam might fancy a trip to Switzerland…