cover, CreateSpace, e-book, editing, proof copy, proofreading, template
I know you think I’ve been lounging around in a silk kimono, watching Hollywood movies and eating bonbons, but in reality I have been editing like a demon. And I can finally report that the finish line is in sight.
I have done my last edits – so if you don’t like the story the way it is now, that’s just tough. I have uploaded the interior file to CreateSpace, so that it can calculate the number of pages it will need to publish the paperback (328, as you’re asking). It has now told me how wide the book’s spine needs to be, and I’ve sent this vital statistic to the cover designer, who can then finalise the cover. Once I upload that to CreateSpace, I can order my proof copy, which takes about a week to get to me. And if I’m happy with that copy when I see it, I will press the big, red, flashing, honking Publish button – oh, how I wish it was that exciting a button, but it isn’t – and you will be able to rush to Amazon in your thousands to buy your own copies.
In the week’s gap while I wait for my proof paperback, I will return to the hell that is formatting, in order to create the various e-versions of the book – which means taking out all of the beautiful formatting that I have just put in. Such is life.
But in short: we’re nearly there!